I strongly believe that video is the best way to market your business. It is an easy way for potential customers visiting your website to get all the information they need, in one spot. Attention spans are getting shorter, and video is a great way to compile information and have it delivered quickly and efficiently.
Below, I have compiled a list of my own thoughts and those of other people, on how and why videos can benefit your website.
– Decisions to buy are expedited by 72% when video is used. (The Wharton School of Business studies)
– 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching video.
– YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year.
– According to Jun Group, videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37% more often than those that last between 30 seconds and 1 minute.
– After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
– Over 90% of direct video recipients will forward or pass that clip to someone they know if they enjoyed it.
– Videos create an instant bond with your visitor/viewer.
– Videos create a personal connection to your potential client or customer.
– Sharing information through video is one of the most effective ways of communication.
– Great video on your website will keep the visitor there much longer.
- Keep the video under 2 minutes long if possible. Although people love to watch video, attention spans are getting shorter.
- Put yourself, or an employee on camera, or even create voice over. It gives a personal touch to your video that cannot be matched by just showing footage.
- Show something that the public doesn’t usually see. Go behind the scenes. Inform. TELL A STORY.
- Think of your video as less of an advertisement and more of a short documentary. Don’t blast your audience with information about a product or a service like an infomercial, but show them why your business is best or why they should buy your product. Do it indirectly.
- Tell people about your business. Keep it personal.
- Create something that you yourself would love to watch. Always remember most web surfers judge a website within the first few seconds. Having a high-quality video can be the difference between the person staying and looking at what you have to offer and searching for another site.